MpireMall

Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower: Steve Jobs 

• PTW 3D updates and news (with Screenshots!)

• alll your WIP stuff goes here
The Mall is technically closed, when the domain came up past due earlier this year I purchased it and Tranz9 was covering hosting however this week the domain went offline when the hosting was not paid. [Clarification] I had stated I was not going to renew the domain leading Tranz to cancel the hosting. The [glow]ONLY[/glow] reason it's online right now is because it uses almost no resources and I have spare space. TRanz9 did nothing wrong and I apologize for the gentle push towards the public transportation vehicle [end clarification]

At this time I moved the mall to one of my own hosting servers and that is where we are now.
As I again own the domain and am now covering hosting the mall will stay online at least for the rest of the domain time, probably longer as I do use the email.

However topics will be locked down so no replies can be made or new topics created as with zero traffic they won't get answered quickly if at all.

So hope that clears up where we are right now.

Dave
alll your WIP stuff goes here
 #8434  Author: Masson
 Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:02 pm
Here's what I've been up to for the last few weeks.

Arena

Basically got to the point where the arena can be called 'almost finished'. All it needs now is to finish off the detailing (a few more lights, and finish off the light/ sound rig above the ring) and some more UV Mapping.

Crowd

So I've now got two models for the crowd, one with and one without a sign. These guys use something called 'Level of Detail' or LOD for short. This means that the closer they are to the camera, the higher their poly count will be. In our case, the ones nearest will be 500 polys, then 200, then 100, then 50, then a flat plane. Should look good but I can't try it with free unity, so I'll set it up for Dave to test soon.

Backstage rooms

Here's a shot of the Gorilla Position. Some backstage rooms will be reused for different arenas to save time and work. Ignore the whack scaling.

Moves

So I thought I'd try to animate some moves just to see how the models look animated. Here's a shot of a single underhook DDT.

Playing with Hair

So unity has this in-built function called 'Skinned Cloth', which basically is a cloth simulation for characters with a skeleton. Unfortunately it's broken- and has been for a while (which is why it looks screwy in the picture). I'm looking for other solutions (Dave may know something we could do) but bottom line is, we should have dynamic hair.

New Shader

I found this really useful shader that has everything I wanted in it, and all we will need. This is hard to demonstrate through images but have a picture of it anyway. Shader includes Diffuse, Normal, Specular and Gloss maps, the old one didn't have gloss maps which really irked me. This and the hair is best displayed through playing the game so I'll try and get a video out soon to demo it if you guys want.
Last edited by Masson on Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #8435  Author: DaveG
 Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:12 am
duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!!!!! gotta change my pants now ;)

Hair, I might have a couple things that might work will look into it and report back.
 #8436  Author: Masson
 Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:01 pm
Lol. Well, I've found another cloth simulator so I'll be trying that out tonight. If that doesn't work my best guess would be to rig the hair up with bones then use the 'rope physics' plugin.
 #8449  Author: Masson
 Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:59 pm
Some more screenshots

'Complete' light/ sound rig, and that tron that goes round the edge of the arena has been added.

Another gorilla shot

Backstage Room 1, between gorilla and corridor

This will be a corridor, with links to other rooms, GM Office, Locker Room, Boiler Room, Parking Lot, hopefully upper crowd sections, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xXt5Urot1Y

A quick, LQ video. (didn't realise how LQ it was, sorry about that :S)
Last edited by Masson on Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #8454  Author: Kenny Time
 Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:36 am
Pretty nice Masson, there are some free low poly animated crowds on the asset store if you want females. I will try to get my sounds/music files sorted so you guys have that to play with as well. Using mechanim for animation? I could throw a bunch of fbx animations your way once I convert them from bvh mocap.